Guided Games (G-Games)
Our Guided Games (G-Games) program is all about playing soccer and having fun! In this program, children get to play soccer for a full hour without any drills or interruptions. It’s the perfect opportunity for children to enjoy the game and build their skills through playing. Guided Games is designed to be a safe, supportive, and enjoyable experience for children of all skill levels.
The purpose of G-games is for players to just play the game, get comfortable having the ball on their feet, and making real-live, on the spot decisions with the ball (“should I pass the ball, dribble, shoot, re-start the play?”). It’s difficult for players to improve their game if they are not given opportunities in real game-like scenarios, to improve.
With no drills or structured activities, children have the freedom to explore their creativity and develop their own playing style. This helps them build confidence in their abilities and learn to trust their instincts on the field.
Our coaches are there to provide guidance and support when needed, but for the most part, they let the children take the lead. This creates a positive and empowering environment where children can have fun and develop their love for the game.
At Guided Games, we prioritize safety and ensure that all players are following the rules of the game. We also encourage fair play and sportsmanship, and help children learn to work together as a team.
If your child loves to play soccer and wants to have fun on the field, Guided Games is the perfect program for them. It’s a great way to build their skills, confidence, and love for the game through the joy of playing.
- Please include relevant medical information in writing with child’s online application
- All children must be supervised (not a drop-off program)
- No food or drinks (only water) during class time
- Children who wear glasses must use shatterproof eye-wear at all times
- Children must wear sneakers in class
- No soccer cleats
- Although shin-guards are not required, we recommend that all kids who are age 4 and up wear them to class
- For insurance and liability reasons, ONLY registered kids can be on the field. All other children are not allowed on the field and must be supervised by an adult
- Refunds requested prior to the first day of the season will be honored in full.
- Refunds requested within the first 3 weeks of a given season, will be honored, minus the $30.00 registration fee included in the price.
- Refunds requested past the 3rd week will not be granted.
- A parent who wishes to withdraw from Soccer Kids NYC must notify Soccer Kids NYC (917) 655-5437 no less than 24 hours before the 3rd class of the season.
- Make-up sessions for missed classes are NOT permitted for G-Games.
- No refunds for missed classes.
- Soccer Kids NYC reserves the right to cancel a class due to low enrollment. In the event this happens, you may choose a different class, or receive a complete refund.
- All outstanding balances must be paid in order to enroll for a new season.
- If you believe there may be an error in your account, please contact the office immediately in order to resolve any potential discrepancies.
- Soccer Kids NYC has sole discretion to determine if a class should be canceled due to weather. In the event of a cancellation, families will be contacted via email.
No, we would recommend the Instructional classes for beginners.
If your child loves playing the “big game” at the end of their Instructional classes, then your child will love our G-Games! You may also check in with your coach to see if G-Games are recommended.
- Mandatory Uniform Jersey Top (Can purchased here: Soccer Kids Uniform)
- Comfortable clothing (e.g.; shorts or sweatpants)
- Comfortable Sneakers (NO CLEATS)
- Plenty of water to keep hydrated
Yes! You are able to sign up for multiple classes as long as they do not overlap.
Cleats are NOT permitted. It is recommended that children wear turf shoes or comfortable sneakers. Shin guards are not mandatory but are recommended for ages 4 and up.